The most popular coffee machines currently available in the market are the single serve coffee makers. This is a top choice for coffee lovers because it provides true convenience and practicality, while also giving them a personalized experience one can normally only get from the corner coffee shop. You simply select a coffee pod in the flavor you desire, then push a button. No need for extra syrups or creamers, waiting in line, or paying an outrageous amount for your daily caffeine fix. Cleanup is also extremely easy and uncomplicated. This has been a top choice for homeowners for a while now, but businesses have begun to follow suit, and single serve coffee makers are also now a staple in many hotels through the world. Travelers don’t have time to worry with filters and messy coffee grounds or waiting an excruciatingly long time for the coffee to be fully brewed before they are off to start their day. These time-savers also benefit the hotels and businesses in that the option seems more upscale to their clients and requires much less cleanup work between guests.
Brewing a different flavor of coffee for each member of the household it now an easily accomplished task, and no longer just a luxury for the rich. When the first coffee lover’s drink is complete, they simply throw out the empty pod and the machine is ready for the next eager caffeine consumer. An additional feature that makes these machines so popular is that the newer models take up so little counter space. They are a sure fit for any home or business, and thus, have become very popular gifts during the holidays.
Single Serve Coffee Maker Top Picks
Our Pick: Keurig K55 - The Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
There are so many brands to choose from in the market, but only a few single serve coffee makers really stand out against the crowd when is comes to important features such as durability, price competitiveness, style, and ultimately, convenience. After using and reviewing the most popular brands available, we found the best basic single cup coffee maker to date is, hands above the rest, the Keurig K55. This is a classic and stylish black coffee maker from Keurig that compliments any kitchen and includes consumer favorite features, such as simple single touch programming and a 48 oz reservoir. One of the biggest selling points of the K55 coffee maker is the ability to program it and the assurance that it has a timed auto-off feature.
Upgrade Pick - Keurig K-Elite
In the category of best upgrade option, the Keurig K-Elite is a step above the basic K55 for those who have a bit more to spend. What sets this model apart is its ability to produce iced coffee, which is a huge plus for customers who prefer a cold coffee, and for any buyer who enjoys cold beverages in the summer. Built with a strong temperature control, the Keurig K-Elite can brew some of the best tasting coffee beverages imaginable outside of a professional coffee shop. This coffee maker is definitely the multi-tasker of the bunch and makes very fast work of brewing. It takes less than a minute to brew your favorite coffee beverage, so you can brush your teeth or take care of other important matters and know your coffee will be ready to go when you are.
The Keurig brand designs their single serve coffee makers to be very easy to use and convenient to clean. There are some other great contenders, and the final decision really depends on the owner’s preferences and frequency of coffee consumption. We have outlined the basics of several top options for you to compare and to help you see what options to consider.
10 Best Single Serve Coffee Maker Reviews
1. Keurig K55/K-Classic Coffee Maker
The Keurig K55, more popularly known as the K-Classic, is preferred by many because of the simplicity of its easy to use system. The Keurig K55 can brew a cup of coffee to your particular likes and specifications in a matter and does not require frequent refills due to its large 48 oz. reservoir which is capable of serving up to 6 beverages before it runs out. You can’t do any better than the Keurig K55 single serve coffee maker if your priorities are practicality and convenience.
Brewing and Operation
Brewing is a breeze for this awesome single cup coffee maker. The coffee cup or mug should be secured on the drip tray. Add water to the level recommended on the reservoir indicator. Then, place the desired coffee flavor pod in the K-cup pod holder. Make sure the pod is in place by ensuring that the cup size signal is blinking. You can choose the size you want for your coffee, the brew will be ready. It just requires the push of the power button and the heating mechanism will automatically activate. Once the coffee has finished brewing, make sure it drips the last drop before removing your cup or mug.
This incredible coffee maker automatically turn itself off after two hours of sitting idle. This is a very practical feature of the Keurig K55 that helps its owners save energy and protect their home from unattended kitchen fires if they forget to turn it off when they are in a rush to get out of the house to work.
The coffee maker comes packaged with a water filter handle and 2 water filters which give the Keurig its spectacular taste experience and a 4 count K-Cup pod variety pack. The multiple K-Cup pods come in 6, 8 and 10-ounce sizes. If you prefer your coffee to be really strong in flavor and caffeine, the best choice for you would be the smallest K-Cup pod size, which is the 6 ounces. The K-Mug and K-Carafe pods are not compatible with this model, but it does work with the Keurig Classic Series My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter, so you can brew your own freshly ground coffee.
The company makes the water refill process very easy by providing a water container that can be easily removed. The process of cleaning this coffee maker is actually known as “descaling.” Proper descaling prolongs the life of your coffee maker because it ensures the removal of any unwanted water deposits or loose coffee grounds in the machine and should be done every 3-6 months.
As far as size goes, the device is 17.6” tall when open, but regularly 13.3” tall, 10.1” wide and 13.2” in diameter. The Keurig brand offers coffee flavors from 70 different brands, with over 400 varieties of coffee to choose from.
Pros and Cons
This Keurig K55, while our top pick for the best basic single serve coffee maker, has its own set of advantages and disadvantages depending on the qualities one is looking to purchase.
- Durable: Customers love how durable this coffee maker is and have confirmed that they have used it for years without any service issues.
- User-friendly: This model is very convenient and easy to use.
- Stylish: The two fun colors make it stand out against other boring coffee makers on the market and adds a little extra pizzazz to the owner’s home decor.
- Portable: Due to its size and operations, it works with equal ease both at home and outside. It’s size and design mean it can be easily carried from one place to another.
- Economical: While it is one of the most popular on the market, it will not burn a hole in your pocket.
- This is fine for a family or limited use, but it doesn’t allow for the larger servings you might want if entertaining company
- This model does not offer any strength control, and the water temperature cannot be adjusted
- This isn’t one of the more portable options
2. Keurig K-Elite K Single Serve K-Cup Pod Maker
The 2018 newest entry in the single serve coffee maker world is the Keurig K-Elite coffee maker. It is the perfect choice for those who want the latest technology and traditional flavor. This is suitable for those who prefer stronger coffee flavors. It provides the ease of use and practicality of the other model, but users love that this amazing coffee maker is not restricted to coffee alone. The choice of hot water on demand makes hot breakfast or soup a quick task, and it is capable of creating cold coffee drinks. The Keurig K-Elite also offers a larger number of cup sizes, which makes it a bit more flexible.
Brewing and Operation
The Keurig K-Elite coffee maker is capable of brewing multiple size cups of coffee, from 4, 6, 8,10 and even 12 oz cups. This gives it the user the flexibility to choose what is appropriate for any specific time or occasion. All you have to do is press the start button and the coffee is ready in just under one minute without fail.
The green button, or the power button, turns the coffee maker on and off. There are two options on the front panel titled “strong” and “hot water.” The user just presses the appropriate button based on the planned use and the machine does the rest. The option for hot water enables the user to make instant soups or oatmeal as well as coffee. By pressing the button indicating “strong”, the happy owner can get a cup of strong coffee, or a milder version if they choose not to push that button. The feature for “Iced,” provides the user with a delicious mug of iced coffee. With just the touch of a button, you can a get coffee brewed to your specifications, level of flavor and intensity, and get it iced on your way out the door. It is also compatible with any K-Cup pod on the market.
This incredible model of coffee maker, unlike its predecessor, also comes with a temperature control feature which allows the user to brew coffee on a wide range of temperatures from 187-192 degrees Fahrenheit.
It comes packaged with a K-Cup pod variety pack and, as with the K55, its own water filter with a handle for easy removal. The inclusion of a water filter ensures that every beverage prepared using this single serve coffee maker will come out at its absolute best.
This product really wins when it comes to larger gatherings. Everyone can have the exact drink they prefer, whether that is to sip hot coffee after dinner or with dessert, or enjoy an energizing iced coffee, every taste is covered. The product comes with a convenient removable 75 oz reservoir which makes the tedious task of refilling a breeze. Last, this popular model features a removable drip tray, which makes for easy cleaning, and can accommodate travel mugs sized up to 7.2” tall. Built with a strong temperature control, the Keurig K-Elite can brew some of the best tasting coffee beverages imaginable outside of a professional coffee shop.
It beats the K55 when it comes to weight and dimensions. It stands at 16.5” when open, 13.1” when not open, 9.9” wide and 12.7” in diameter, with a weight of only 6.6 pounds. It is also an energy saver and is able to use any Keurig K-Cup pods.
- Perfect Combo: The product is a perfect blend of tradition and technology. It has all the features of a single serve classic coffee maker. Along with that, being the new kid on the block, it is far ahead of its predecessors in terms of technology
- Sturdy: Owners of this model are full of praise for this latest entry in Keurig coffee makers. It can be used under any climate and condition, and they have confirmed it as an extremely sturdy product.
- Price: This model is obviously a bit more expensive than the K-55, but offers so many more options with a smaller footprint and weight that it is worth it for those who have a little more to spend
3. Keurig K575 Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
The Keurig K575 coffee ensures the best tasting beverage possible, far above all others on the market. You can simplify your busy mornings with this extremely handy and easy to use single serve coffee maker.
The most notable thing about this coffee maker is that a user can get the exact amount of coffee they desire. It is a piece of cake to adjust the size of beverage one requires. The coffee maker is designed in such a manner that it will automatically identify the kind of pack inserted into the brewer. Once the pack is identified, it will brew the coffee at the correct setting.
Brewing and Operation
The K575 coffee maker provides the user with extra control in the brewing department. The five temperature settings make the brewing process extremely easy to follow. The temperature settings can be adjusted by choosing from any one of the five options which include low, low/medium, medium, medium/high, and high and allows the user to enjoy their coffee at their desired temperature.
The coffee maker comes with a strength control setting that allows the consumer to brew a stronger cup if desired. The most applauded option on this model, however, is the ability to use any K-Cup pod size for brewing. This is one of the few coffee makers that has such incredible versatility in the sizes that can be brewed, including multiple K-Cup pods, K-Mug pods, and a carafe of various sizes. It can brew K-Cup pod sizes ranging from 4,6,8,10 and 12 oz. The coffee maker can brew coffee for a Carafe sized 22,26, or 30 oz.
Operation of this machine is even easier than the others because of the extra-large touch screen. A digital clock allows the customer to brew a strong flavored, delicious cup of coffee in less than a minute. The strong mode offers an option for an intense brewed cup of hot coffee at home, stronger than the “strong” option on previous machines. The reservoir on this version can brew 10+ cups of strong and intense coffee before refilling and starting again.
- This is one of the only coffee makers that can simply brew coffee at any strength and size. Be it a mug, cup or carafe, it is able to brew at the touch of a button.
- Conserves energy with the automatic timer setting. The coffee maker can go on and off as programmed by the user
- This model, as with others, can use only Keurig branded capsules, which can be somewhat expensive depending upon the size and type.
4. Hamilton Beach (49976) Coffee Maker, Single Serve & Full Coffee Pot
Hamilton Beach took the classic single cup coffee maker by a storm with its advent in the beverage market. It is a revolutionary coffee maker with its unmatched features and great design. The product features a 12-cup carafe size. It can brew a single cup as well as a full coffee pot.
The machine has a lovely sleek design and features a very easy to read display.
This beast of a machine can brew individual K-Cups as well as an entire coffee pot. The product is popularly tagged as one of the best cheap coffee makers. The coffee maker costs just a little more than three bags of specialty coffee beans which makes it a very popular model with the masses.
The features of this amazing product do not end here. Hamilton Beach lovers claim it brews the best tasting coffee, offering either a regular or bold brew of coffee, whatever appeals to them at the time.
Brewing and Operation
The Hamilton Beach coffee maker is easy to operate and brews the best tasting coffee, according to the brand and their fans. Brewing a decent K cup of coffee is a simple process without any fuss.
The six-button interface provides the user with an ample amount of choices to decide their morning cup of coffee preferences, and the Hamilton Beach proponents claim that because of this it cannot be beat for taste even compared to its more expensive contenders.
The coffee maker can brew with or without the K-Cup packs and allows for the use of tall mugs if making coffee for on the go. It can also brew coffee in a short matter of time using paper filters for its 12-cup capacity.
Another popular feature of the model is a timer that comes on the side of the 12-cup carafe. It is programmed to start, auto-pause and serve. The coffee maker also comes with a two-hour auto shutoff feature that is a safety feature and saves electricity to boot.
The machine has a separate water reservoir and comes with a water window which allows the user to know the quantity of water in the reservoirs and when it requires refilling. The pot keeps your coffee hot for up to 4 hours with its thermal insulated tank.
- One of the prime contenders to serve piping hot coffee on a budget.
- Its removable water reservoir makes the task of refilling extremely easy and hassle free.
- Most machines like this are capable of making a carafe of coffee, but this amazing model is an exception in this department as it comes with a carafe free feature.
- This light and easy to use product is suitable for both home and office.
- The cup size is more limited, at a max of 7”
- . Although it is relatively portable and can be easily used in either an office or kitchen, at 5.5 pounds it would not be an option for taking outdoors or to a picnic.
- The coffee tank and reservoir are not dishwasher friendly and not as easily cleaned as some of its competitors.
5. Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine - Nespresso OriginalLine Capsules
The creativity and sleek design of the Nespresso Essenza Mini makes it one of the best single cup coffee makers in the looks department. It is ultra-light and has a nice 20.3 oz. water tank. That is more than enough cups of coffee for a small group on the go.
This powerful machine operates at 19 bars high pressure which makes it churn out a delicious barista-like coffee each time it is turned on. The operational pressure gives this machine the extra ability to extract the delicate flavors and aromas of each coffee capsule. Users are provided with two programmable buttons which they can use to select between Espresso and Lunge cup sizes.
The all new Nespresso Single Serve has a curvy design with rounded-edges, combined with a smaller footprint to fit into any space. One of the cutting-edge technologies presented by this machine is the fast heat-up system which can bring your cup of coffee to the right temperature within just 30 seconds. With this you can say goodbye to unnecessary waiting.
Free gifts are always a welcome bonus, and this coffee maker delivers with a set of Nespresso capsules included as a welcome gift. These capsules are of different unique aromatic profiles and allow you to try out a few flavors to find your favorite taste and aroma.
Brewing and Operation
The Nespresso Single Serve allows you to brew a decent cup of coffee within minutes, which is made possible by the fast heat-up system and high-pressure pump. It includes an eco-mode you can select for low energy consumption after three minutes. After nine minutes of inactivity, the automatic energy-saving function switches the machine off. This makes the Nespresso Single Serve one of the most innovative and eco-friendly coffee makers in the market. It has a transparent water reservoir which allows the user to easily monitor the level of water. The water tank is easily detached and refilled compared to some of its competitors.
The maker offers an impressive array of Nespresso capsules which gives the user a wider variety of flavors to choose from rather than limiting them to just a few basic flavors. Recyclable aluminum capsules are the secret to the incredibly fresh taste you experience with the Nespresso.
In total, Nespresso offers twenty-four Grand Crus or coffee flavors which provide you with a delicious, satisfying taste for every moment of the day.
- It is one of the fastest hot coffee makers in the market
- You can easily monitor the tank’s water level and know when to add more water It is highly energy efficient and can help you cut down your energy consumption bill
- The sleek design does not take up much space in your kitchen.
- The amazing Nespresso Essenza Mini comes with complimentary gift which can help you to identify your favorite coffee flavor so that when you place an order, you know you will be happy with your choice.
- This model is not compatible with other brand single serve coffee pods. Only Nespresso capsules can be used with this machine.
- At 5.1 pounds this machine is still more weight to carry around than most might want.
6. Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville
There are tons of products on the market, so one has to determine what makes one model and brand different from the others and compare that to the purchaser’s personal priorities. The Vertuo Coffee Maker creates single serve coffee that could be easily mistaken with one made by the most experienced of all baristas. What makes it even better is that it does this with a simple touch of a single button. This device is quite versatile and intelligent at brewing different single serve cups of coffee.
Brewing and Operation
The brewing starts with just a touch of a button, taking all work away from the user so they can focus on other things. Just like other automatic devices, you just enter the quantity of coffee mix and wait while the machine does the rest to fill your cup. This machine has three cup sizes available from a small 1.35 oz espresso shot to an 8oz and 14 oz size cup. This device offers two different capsule sizes corresponding to the cup size, one of which is for espresso and the others for a brewed coffee. The Vertuo coffee maker uses ‘Centrifusion' technology which is a patented extraction technology. It is built in such a way that it spins 7,000 rotations per minute. Using this method, ground coffee is blended with water in what may be arguably the perfect mix.
- It is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is simply enter the quantity you desire, and within a minute, the device turns 7000 times to give you the perfect blend.
- Centrifusion Technology: This is a patented technology and very efficient in blending coffee and water to give you the best tasting drink.
- Simple and One-Touch Brewing: With this, you save energy that would be wasted making these blends manually. Here, all you need to do is to insert a capsule and close the lever. A single touch of the button will give you what you need.
- Limitation of one cup: This is not the coffee maker to choose if you entertain regularly because it is only capable of brewing one cup at a time.
7. Cuisinart Premium Single Serve Coffeemaker
The Cuisinart Premium Single Serve Coffeemaker is a trailblazer in the single serve coffee making business. The most important aspect of this device is that it has a larger water reservoir than its peers. What this means is that you do not have to repeatedly refill the container to make your favorite blend. You can leave it to brew a large amount of coffee while you get on with more important things. This incredible machine boasts a 72-ounce removable water reservoir, and five different brew sizes ranging from 4 to 12oz. This means you have a lot of options and can brew what you want on any given day depending on your mood and what you want at that particular time. This device also uses a removable drip tray and a reusable filter cup which allows you make a single serving with your favorite coffee grounds if pods aren’t your thing. What may be the most impressive feature of this coffee maker is the hot water rinse feature that cleans the chamber between brews. You don’t even have to clean it on a regular basis.
Brewing and Operation
With one press of a button, this coffee maker carries out all of its activities and presents you with whatever you want, whether that be cocoa, coffee or just water. All you need to do is add the coffee capsule and add water to the reusable reservoir when it gets too low. That’s all it takes, with the press of a button, and it delivers you exactly what you ordered. This K-Cup compatible brewer only makes one cup at a time, but how can you beat a self-clean function and automatic off functionality after 30 minutes?
- Some of the advantages of using this coffee maker over the others include:
- Automatic: With one press of a button, this device gives you all you ever wanted and even more.
- Huge water reservoir capacity: While others come with a capacity so small that you have to refill for every cup, this coffee maker removes that burden of constantly changing out and filling the reservoir
- Variety of brew sizes: You might just want a little sip or a large cup. It all boils down to your mood. This coffee maker offers you brew sizes from 6, 8, 10 and 12oz,
- Rinse button: You do not want your tea tasting like coffee or vice versa. Once you are done with a cup you select the rinse option to avoid cross contamination of flavors
- Fast Brewing: This coffee maker knows how fast you need your cup of coffee and it delivers what you order in a mere minute.
- Splatters the coffee all over resulting in frequent cleaning
- Made of plastic
- No lights in the reservoir
8. BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
BUNN MCU is one of the best single serve coffee makers on the market. It stands its ground with others in a lot of features but then stands out in its ability to hold more coffee grounds. With a feature that allows its hot water to retain its heat for a longer period than the others, some may consider this to be the king of all coffee makers. Its Pulse brew technology allows for intricate extraction of more flavor than normal, which allows for a better and deeper taste. This coffee maker has a pod drawer that holds a variety of pods sizes. As such, you can choose to enjoy larger pods today and something smaller tomorrow. This coffee maker gives you a lot of options, allowing a single cup brew and the choice of your favorite K-cup coffee flavor, and the hard-working water drawer remains effective and efficient in dispensing water based on demand for instant coffee preparations and other things.
Brewing and Operation
An important factor to take into account is that this is electric and must be plugged in before you begin brewing. It runs on a four-drawer system which is defined as the cup drawer, the ground coffee drawer, the pod drawer and the water drawer. All you need to know while preparing your exquisite brew is when and how to add the pods, the water, and the ground coffee. You can brew with any mixture of the cup drawer, ground coffee drawer, pods drawer or water drawer.
- High Altitude Programming: this is a technique which allows the water to boil at a lower temperature but at a high altitude, say 4000 feet.
- Compatibility: The cup drawer is highly compatible with K-cup packs. Holds more Coffee grounds: You know this is a plus because you can add more to increase the strength of your brew.
- Better extraction: This coffee maker offers deeper taste comes through its better extraction technique, offering maximum extraction.
- Variety of pod sizes: because the pod drawer is large, it offers you the chance to hold different sizes of pods. This is a plus if you are given to experimenting.
- A large array of serving sizes: this brewer comes with 4, 8, 10, 12 and 14oz serving sizes.
- Fast Brewing: in under a minute, your coffee is ready to go.
- The small size of water reservoir: it only holds 14oz of water at one time. As such, if your serving size is 14oz, then chances are that you will constantly need to refill your water drawer for every serving.
9. Mr. Coffee k-Cup Single Serve 40oz. Coffee Maker
You might fall in love with this coffee maker, as many of its devotees have. This three-serving-size brewer offers deep taste for a lower cost. The Mr. Coffee K-Cup Single Serve 40oz. coffee maker delivers all that is good, with special thanks to their partnership with Keurig. With a technology that allows every one of your coffee options to be done in just a minute, this device is out to simplify your life. Your removable drip trays are built to accommodate larger cups and even travel mugs. At this time, you can choose from a variety of over 250+ K-Cup varieties of coffee. At 8.3 pounds, while this coffee maker will make your mouth and your pocket happy, you probably won’t be taking it outdoors or to any picnics. The machine uses patented Keurig K-Cup packs for coffee, tea or cocoa.
Brewing and Operation
All you need to do to enjoy your favorite flavor is to fill the 40 oz. reservoir. With that much water at hand, you can enjoy five 8oz servings without having to refill the container. This is a plus because a lot of other brewers come with reservoirs of much lower capacity. This is the choice if you hate constantly refilling the water to make a cup of coffee. This coffee maker also provides a choice of 3 brew sizes from 6 oz, 8 oz, to 10 oz of coffee.
- Automatic: with a single press of a button, a job that would have taken you more time if done manually is reduced to a mere minute. Within that minute, you can witness the multiple rotations you know will offer you the best extraction and flavor.
- Simpler processes: this coffee maker is one of the simpler models, only requiring you to refill the reservoir (only when needed), insert your selected K-Cup pod, and press the brew button.
- Clean brewing: This brewer includes very clean brewing technology which leaves little for you to clean up.
- Large water reservoir: this 40-ounce reservoir offers you a lot of freedom to enjoy your cup of coffee without having to refill the reservoir per serving.
- A small range of serving sizes: this coffee maker has just 6 ounces, 8 ounces, and 10 ounces. This is the only real con, given that some of its competitors offer smaller and larger size brews, giving the owner more flexibility.
10. Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffeemaker
This coffee maker seems like a machine from the future, and too good to be true in some ways. This one-minute coffee maker is fully automated and wired to give you the best of blends upon the press of a single button. The Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffeemaker is the real deal, including all the features you could want. It is one of a kind, in that it is fully programmable to the extent that you can not only turn it on or off but set it up to brew automatically and control the brew temperature. The Keurig K155 comes with a lot of bells and whistles that other more traditional home coffee makers cannot. The list of choices it gives you is impressive, including the choice of having 4 cup sizes at your disposal. For those who need to take their coffee to go, the drip tray is removable which allows you to fit a travel mug under the spout. This machine boasts a drainable hot water tank, which increases this device's transport and storage capabilities. On top of the increased functionality it offers, it is also very well designed and attractive, so it won’t look hideous sitting on your counter.
Brewing and Operation
This 6-pound device is definitely styled to impress. With a touchscreen interface, you are welcome to queue in your preferences like language and other variables necessary to make getting a great cup of coffee simple. With the programming complete, you will want to fill up the huge 90oz water reservoir. That is the largest of all the coffee makers reviewed so far, so if you are too sleepy in the mornings to mess with refilling a tank, this machine has your back. With this size of reservoir, you can make about 18 servings of coffee before refilling. The coffee maker includes brew sizes starting at 4 ounces, 6 ounces, 8 ounces and up to 10 ounces. What this means is that you have the choice and flexibility to change what you are making each time you brew, depending on what you need at that time. This brewer has an automatic platform similar to its peers, but the interactive screen, the large reservoir and very effective draining and storage mechanism put it in first place if you need options.
- Screen interactive: The Keurig K155 office coffee maker deserves the accolades based on the impressive range of functionality and options.
- Fast brew: Within a minute, this device promises to give you the best brew you could possibly want and may even exceed your expectations.
- Automatic Process: With the simple push of a button your coffee will be ready in less than a minute, exactly the way you want it
- Great extraction mechanism: this coffee maker's extraction method is not even comparable to others on the market
- Large water reservoir: You can be lazy on Sundays or in the mornings because this mammoth of a reservoir holds its own
- High Price
- Occupies a lot of space
What To Consider Before You Buy A Single Serve Coffee Maker
Buying a single serve coffee maker will ensure that you can experience the delight of having a gourmet cup of coffee everyday but at a cost that in some cases may seem too good to be true. Since single cup brewing allows you to enjoy your very own special cup of coffee in the size you want. There are several factors to take into account, though, before deciding on which model is right for you.
There are several great one cup coffee makers in the market that can brew a perfect cup of coffee, but they each win in certain function categories, so it really depends on your priorities. Below we have outlined several considerations to take into account before you decide on the best single cup coffee maker for you and make that purchase.
Quantity & Cup Choice
The first consideration is to see how many people will be using the coffee maker on a daily basis, or even on an infrequent basis when entertaining. Look at whether the brewer can adjust to different sizes of cups if you anticipate people with different needs using the coffee maker regularly. Some machines are flexible, offering a range of options from 1.3 oz espresso, up to 12 or more ounces in one brew. Some offer more features that make it possible to command the strength of the brew you want, whereas others boast large water reservoirs, so is your ability to change the brew strength more important, or is that less important than the convenience of only refilling the reservoir once a week?
When you are considering buying the Best one cup coffee maker for your needs you should take into consideration the cost of the pods you have to use with the maker. Is the coffee maker compatible with other pods, does it offer the flavors and options you want, and how expensive are those options? Single serve makers are generally costlier as you will be adding the cost of the capsules to your total spend. Is the maker capable of using regular ground coffee beans if you find the pods to be too expensive in the long run or you are going through them too quickly?
Power Potential & Capability
Power is an important feature that you need to review as it will affect the performance of the machine in terms of speed and brewing temperature. Ensure that the place where you intend to place the single serve coffee maker has a 1200-1500-watt safety plug so that the electrical system is not overloaded. Take into account the brewing noise if you plan to brew while you are sleeping or are easily bothered by noises, though some noise is inevitable. The coffee maker should have a brew temperature feature along with a programmable clock. Look for a brewer that has an on/off button that will prove to be energy saving against one that keeps the water in the internal tank heated for instant brewing as that will constantly be drawing power.
Features & Functions
Single cup coffee maker reviews suggest that there are machines that can only brew coffee while there are others like Keurig that can brew beverages like tea and iced tea. Some models are also capable of making lattes and cappuccinos. Review beforehand to be sure that the teas, coffees and hot chocolate you require in the brewer are readily available. Machines that accommodate both tall and short cups are obviously a better choice. There are some models that contain a removable drip tray to accommodate tall cups or glasses. There are a multitude of varieties available so you can select one that suits you best.
Simple & Easy to Use
Best one cup coffee makers are user friendly, easy and simple to operate. But a little effort is required to operate pod, K-Cup and capsule brewers. With a single pellet and the brewer doing the rest, you get a cup of excellent coffee or tea with little work. The primary thing single cup coffee maker reviews take into account is that with one of these your coffee making becomes time efficient and convenient. Cleaning up afterwards is very quick and easy. Don’t forget to check before buying that the water reservoir removes easily for filling and also for regular maintenance or scale removing.
Electric or Gravity Powered
Best single cup coffee makers are of two types, the electric ones that operate when plugged into a socket on the wall and the gravity powered ones that percolate with air or time pressure. If you are buying a brewer for your home for your early morning coffee, the electric one will work best. But if you want a brewer to take along while you are travelling or out camping, the unpowered one will be the right choice.
Size of the Kitchen
There are some kitchen counters that can fit any coffee maker no matter the size, while other kitchens lack space for extra appliances to be accommodated. Your coffee maker should be placed on a stable platform or counter, preferably close to a water inlet for refilling. The height of the machine and the area also need to be considered before purchasing. A normal brewer will fit on your kitchen counter if there is a 17” space between the counter and the upper cabinet. There are some tall models though, so be sure to check the size of the maker and the space you have available. Single serve coffee makers are definitely a better option for those who travel or have small kitchens.
The Biggest Consideration-The Price
Once you have considered all of the above options, the final piece to look at is the price of the coffee makers that meet your other specifications. The price of single cup coffee makersvaries considerably. Determine your budget and then go for one that best suits your needs and doesn’t break your bank account.
The Differences between Single Serve Coffee Makers
A perfectly brewed cup of coffee can rejuvenate you first thing in the morning getting you ready for a hectic day ahead or it can relax you after a long and tiring day. Best single serve coffee makers are of late becoming increasingly popular mainly due to the convenience of making a single cup just the way you want it and of course due to the fact that cleaning up is very easy between brews. Single serve coffee makers have a definite advantage over the coffee brewed in a full carafe or a 12-cup percolator.
Presently there is a wide range of single serve coffee makers in the market with several differences between them, the main being their price. The variation in price is due to the difference in the brewing methods. Below we are reviewing the differences between a few of the best choices when it comes to the best single serve coffee makers.
1. The best Keurig single serve maker is Keurig K55 that is reasonably priced and brews a regular and uniform cup of coffee. It has a large water reservoir of 48 oz that can brew six cups before it needs a refill. This coffee maker is compatible with both K-cup and K –cup capsules of Keurig.
2. The Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De’Longhi gives you excellent Barista style coffee. It is relatively quite expensive, but the best feature is that it heats in just 25 seconds. It can accommodate 24 oz of water. It saves power as it automatically shuts down if it remains inactive for 9 minutes. It is compatible with Nespresso capsules.
3. The AdirChef Grab N’ Go Personal Coffee Maker is perfect for small kitchens with limited space. It’s simple design, permanent filter, light weight, capsule less system and a stainless-steel travel mug all make it easily portable.
4. The Ninja Coffee Bar Single Serve System is good for brewing rich and classic hot and cold espresso beverages with froth which is possible with a built in frother. It has four custom brew sizes. Its capsule free system allows you to customize your coffee with any quality, grind or brand. It has a patented “advanced thermal extraction technology” that gets maximum flavor out of the beans.
5. The Aeropress Coffee maker though has a simple design but is featured with excellent quality and extracts the best flavor of coffee. It requires no electricity, operates like a French press, has micro filtration and brews a perfect cup of coffee in just a minute. It is used mostly by campers as it is lightweight and portable.
6. The Cuisinart SS-780 Single Serve Coffee Brewing System is automatic, fully programmable with backlit LCD screen. It has a large water reservoir of 80 oz that needs to be refilled after brewing 10 cups of coffee. A hot water tap gives boiling water whenever required to make tea, instant soup or hot chocolate. It is the most expensive brewer. It is compatible with K-cups and the refillable My K-cups.
7. The Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy is small, cheap, lightweight and easy to brew. It is ecofriendly with a reusable filter. The best thing about this one cup coffee maker is that it is unbreakable, and due to its small size, it can fit in your purse or your pocket. There is flexibility in the use of coffee beans, grind or amount of water.
All these products are great for brewing excellent coffee and will be perfect for your home.
Single cup coffee makers are an excellent option whether it is your home or office or even when you are travelling. You can enjoy a perfect cup of gourmet coffee even when you are out camping. The best feature of a one cup coffee maker is that everyone gets to make their coffee according to their preference. If you intend to buy the best one cup coffee maker, it is recommended to read best single serve coffee maker reviews and compare prices before buying.
After reading the differences between several coffee makers you will be able to make an educated choice. Keep one thing in mind that buying the best single serve coffee maker for your home is different from buying one for your office. For a commercial office you can go for a brewer with options of several cup sizes. Select a brewer that brews tea and hot chocolate as well.
Go for a single serve brewer to get that Barista style coffee, latte or cappuccino right in your home. Out of all the options the Keurig single serve coffee maker Keurig K55 is highly recommended. It’s an easy to use system and its ability to brew mild, strong and decaf or flavored cups of coffee is what makes it such a popular choice.
Every person is different in what drives the purchase of their coffee maker. The flavor and strength of the coffee, flexibility to brew more than one size, and other options that make the machine easier to use, clean or more durable can all affect their decision, just depending upon what they value most.